Big Car Semi-Stock,/Motor Swap Class
78 newer / No Imperials/No Check Cabs/No Hearse Type Vehicles!!
1. PLEASE ONLY DO THESE THINGS…ANY QUESTIONS CALL
2. DO NOT PLAY GREY AREAS…YOU WILL BE LOADED UP!!!!
3. All glass, chrome molding, hood latches, gas tanks, and rear seats must be removed before cars arrive at the fairgrounds. ZERO GLASS!!
4. Stock type hood must be used. Hoods must be open for inspection. Hoods can be secured in 6 places. Wired ONLY!! 3/4″ All thread can be used in the front mount. 3″x3″ plate on hood NOT welded. NO more than a 3″ spacer in front mount which can NOT be welded to anything.
5. Seat belt, helmet and eye protection must be worn at all times.
6. Gas tanks must be relocated behind driver’s seat, securely fastened and covered. Any visible leaking fuel will result in automatic disqualification. However, it cannot be bolted to strengthen the car. You CAN have a 28″ gas tank protector that can’t be made out of anything larger than 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ square tubing!! Tht means 1 piece of tubing across the back of tanks 28″ wide. Anything else larger will be cut out!! It CANNOT be welded for bolted to the back seat area anywhere! NO FLAT PLATE used. This is for more safety than strength!!
7. Radiators must stay in original location. May be wired on all four corners. NO ADDED PROTECTORS
8. You may run electric fan, after market gas and brake pedal. NO it can Not be fastened to or add strength to anything. If it does it’s out!!!!!
9. Batteries must be moved to the passenger’s side floor board. The battery box cannot strengthen the car in any way. NO more than 2 batteries.
10. No welding on frames or body seams. This will be checked. No plated frames. Nothing can be added to the body or frame that isn’t from the factory. Unless listed in these rules.
11. Cutting the ends off bumpers and fenders for clearance is permitted.
12. All cars must sit level within 5” with no car sitting lowers than 16” from the bottom of the bumpers or higher than 21” from the bottom of the bumpers.
13. Sunroofs have to be covered, no exceptions. Any type of fan has to be covered.
14. Factory condensers only. They may be wired in, not welded.
15. You may have a 4 Bar Cage. Max material used 4″x 4″,2″x 6″ It can NoT have down legs to the frame or floor board. You can have center bar.
Side bars can’t go past the firewall and the back of the side bars can only be 14 inches behind drivers seats. No #9 wire ran off the cage to anything. Max 5 inch gussets for the corner of the cage. You can have a DRIVERS DOOR PLATE 12″ WIDE and overlap the drivers door seam by 4 inches and stitch welded every 4 inches!!! DO NOT OVER DO THIS RULE!!
16. Factory body bolts and bushings must be stock. Broken body bolts cannot be fixed. If broken, it can only be fixed with #9 wire.
17. Motor and transmission swaps are allowed. You can run shifter. You can weld in motor mounts of choice. With bottom cradle only it can have front plate against block!!!
You CAN run a slider shaft with aftermarket yokes!! You cannot change the transmission tail shaft or bell.
NO PROTECTORS AT ALL ANYWHERE! YOU CAN ONLY HAVE CRADLE FOR MOTOR MOUNT PURPOSES. NO CHAINS!
Any crossmember is ok. Nothing Larger than 4″x4″ with mounts no longer than 6 inches. New mounts cannot overlap or connect to factory mounts. If over done you wont run.
18. No distributor protectors are allowed at all. No Transmission Protectors and No Steel Bell housings. Nothing aftermarket.
19. Aftermarket Steering Columns are allowed! They cannot add strength to car in anyway.
20. Transmission coolers are allowed but when mounted can NOT strengthen the car!!!!
21. Car must have suspension travel in the front!!You can change springs but has to have suspension travel. Chains can be used around rear end but have to go straight up to cool pocket. chains can not go around frame anywhere. NO allthread shocks.
22. Any year factory bumpers which can be welded are allowed with factory bumper shocks to that car only. They can be collapsed and welded. Front bumpers can be welded on. Bumper shocks can’t be welded through the holes on the side of frame. DEC bumpers are allowed. Loaded factory bumpers are allowed BUT it has to be a bumper! Loaded means loading inside bumper only! Nothing outside like “homemade pointy’s”!! NO HOMEMADE BUMPERS OR JUST A SKIN OVER TUBING It has to be hidden!!! Back bumpers can be any stock bumper only. It can be welded on with no added metal. 2 spots of #9 wire to Bumpers!
23. You can run any factory car 5 lug rear end with NO brace or added anything to cars 1980-1997
1998-2002 cars have to run the Factory rear end to the car they are running!! Rear ends have to be mounted factory with factory components. No pinion Brakes!
24. Trunk lids have to have a 12″ inspection hole. NO CREASING of the TRUNK LIDS!!!
YOU CAN FOLD AND HALF TRUNK THE TRUNK LIDS!!! TRUNK LIDS NOT TO BE TOUCHED unless SPECIFIED. 6 SPOTS OF WIRE ON THE TRUNK 3 STRANDS EACH SPOT.
ONLY spot on BODY that CAN be creased is the BACK quarters BEHIND the back doors to the rear Tail light area!! NO Pillars can be creased!!
25. NO PITCHING, NO CREASING OF FRAMES, DO NOTHING TO THEM! FACTORY!!! NO CUTTING OFF THE FRAME FRONT OR BACK!!
26. NO WELDING except bumpers and motor mounts. Back frame rails can be notched or dimpled but NO welding.
27. Roll over bars are ok. Must be straight up and down and connect to the back bar only.
28. ALL FRONT SUSPENSION MUST STAY FACTORY!! THAT GOES FOR A-ARMS,TIE RODS,BALL JOINTS, AND ANYTHING ELSE ON THE CAR DO NOT RUIN THIS CLASS BY BUYING ALL NEW AND UPGRADING. IF YOU DO THAT…JUST STAY HOME!!!!
NO replacement or upgraded parts. This was covered in the original rules above. Replacement parts are an upgrade. Questions please feel free to call.
29. Doors must be wired or chained only in 6 places. 3 strands of wire in each spot. NO welding of washers on the body. Wire Can NOT go around frame.
30. Any tire and any wheel. If you run a foam filled tire and it comes apart you will be Dq’ed for safety reasons.
31. NO RUST REPAIR ON FRAME OR BODY!!
32. LAST RULE DO NOT DO ANYTHING NOT LISTED ABOVE. DO NOT TELL ME YOU DID SOMETHING BECAUSE IT DOESN’T STATE ABOVE THAT YOU CAN OR CAN’T!! ALWAYS CALL FIRST!!!
33. ANY YEAR shows will be marked ANY YEAR! All other shows not marked are considered 1980-2002.
*PRE RAN CAR RULES!! FOLLOW ALL RULES ABOVE!! THIS PORTION IS FOR THE DERBY SEASON!
1 NO CREASING OF FRAMES! Body can be hammered in spots that have been blown out from being ran. Rear frames can be turned up if they went down.
2 Cars can only be pulled down to stock! If pulled passed the stock position it will be changed. NO cutting and rewelding of any part of the frame seams!!
3 You are allowed 1- 3″x 5″plate per rail where its bent only! Has to be ok’d before doing so! So that’s the only thing that can be done!!!!!!
4. No Clipping of cars!
5″ gussets in the corner of cage to help hold cage together. Any issues it will be cut!!
5. On old models you can weld the bumper shock cup in with one pass. No other frame welding or seam welding. (When rules call for any year)
6. PLEASE FOLLOW ALL RULES AND DO NOTHING THAT’S NOT LISTED
Rules may be edited for clarification.
ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY ENTRY AT ANY TIME FOR ANY OR NO REASON!!
ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL!!
TNT Demolition Derby ,LLC . 231-425-6990